Archetypes are patterns of human behavior that appear when they are required.
UPDATE: These notes are now also available as mind map.
Hero- Unconscious competence
Mother/Father- Helping others, not easy to use for oneself
- movie: Marianne Sägebrecht in "Bagdad Cafe"
Puer/Puella Aeternus- Inflating, deflating
- Never grows out
- book: "Puer Aeternus" by Marie-Louise von Franz
Anima/Animus- Inferiority Complex
- black hole
- Bridge to the unconscious
- blackmail, creative, giving power
- puer is much more primitive
- movies: Hitchcock's "Vertigo", Miike's "Odishon"
- Book: "Lectures on Jung's Typology": The Inferior Function by Marie-Louise von Franz
Opposing Personality- Hensel & Gretel: Not enough food -> send them off to starve
- self sabotage
Witch/Senex- Effect on others: control the behavior of other people
- anxious -> itchy - witchy
- "I wish this idea would just go away!"
- critical, in your gut
Trickster- Double-binds, crude
- Puts its nose at the collective
Demon/Daemon- Least domesticated
- Least preferred process